Friday, February 26, 2010

Straining to Desire

Matthew 5:6
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness for they shall be satisfied.

I have this verse written out and hanging on the wall over my desk. I want to be reminded daily that if I desire righteousness I will get it! I want to remember that my desire has to be intense enough that it feels like hunger and thirst. I want to remember that receiving what I hunger and thirst for brings me true joy. I want to remember that my ultimate happiness depends on simply desiring the right things. I want to remember that if I desire the things that God desires for me (like righteousness), he will grant me those things and I won't be disappointed. And most of all, I want to remember that this is the best possible life!

Psalm 37:4
Delight yourself in the LORD,and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Straining and believing with all my heart,

No comments:

Post a Comment