Wednesday, March 3, 2010

God Wants My Heart and I Should Want Theirs

In Isaiah 29:13 God says, “These people come near to me with their mouth and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me.” Sometimes I feel this way about my kids. They say, “Ok” or “Yes sir,” but I can tell that they are NOT happy about it.

God desires my heart, not just my outward compliance so I should want the same from my kids. If I succeed in getting them to comply with my demands, but never win their hearts, then I will have failed because when they leave my house they will conform to whatever new thing CAN win their hearts.

With this in mind, I am praying for strength and wisdom to train and discipline my children well. I want to diligently teach them righteous living and thinking. But I must not neglect their hearts!!! God help me to reveal my heart to my children and then do everything righteously possible to win theirs!

No comments:

Post a Comment