Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Straining to See Through the Veil

My wife's first comment when she saw this new blog was, "I like your title, what does it mean?" 

It is supposed to be description of my life right now...

I don't know about you, but when I try to:
  • see God and His hand and His will around me (John 5:19)
  • fix my mind (and my eyes) on things above (Colossians 3:2)
  • look not at things that are seen but things unseen (2 Corinthians 4:18)
 I end up feeling like I am straining to see through a veil that clouds that type of vision.

Not the kind of veil that totally hides the Lord from those trying to live by the Law, because, "... when one turns to the Lord [Jesus], the veil is removed.... And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. " (2 Corinthians 3:16,18)

The veil I am talking about is the kind that comes from living in a broken world and battling with sinful flesh and enduring the relentless attacks of the enemy.  It is the "mirror" Paul speaks of In 1 Corinthians 13:12; "For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face.  Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known." 

It is the veil between the things of the earth and the things of heaven.

I strain to see through that veil, because I know on the other side I find what really matters.  I strain and I never want to stop, until the day God lifts the veil and I see clearly the things that I have been straining to view and they become mine forever!! 

I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment